Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] DST-800 not reporting speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. We have a network that includes 2 e165's, 6 i70 displays an iTC-5, DST-800 and wind transducer.

The issue is we have no speed data. The i70 will find the iTC-5 when looking for transducers, but the speed option is greyed out. The light on the speed/temp area gives a short intermittent pulse indicating not connected.

I tested the transducer according to the manufacturers website. Provided power to red and screen, and received power across green and screen when the wheel is turned. The iTC-5 provided 8 volts. I also performed the test provided on this forum. disconnected the green and tested resistance whilst turning the wheel. It alternated between open circuit and .4 M ohm.

Is this confirmation of a faulty iTC-5? Anything else to test? We3 are currently not in a position to remove it and send to Raymarine to test, but want to be as certain as possible before buying a new one.

Thank you.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum YachtAlia,

Please verify that the DST800 has been interfaced to the iTC-5 in the manner which has been specified within the DST-800 Connection to iTC-5 Instructions. If so, please note that it is normal for the iTC-5's Speed / Temp LED to flash until the iTC-5 senses rotation of the paddlewheel. Once rotation is sensed, the iTC-5's Speed / Temp LED will be illuminated, but no longer flash. Upon being sensed, the iTC-5 may then be selected as the speed source and may be calibrated via an i70S/i70 MFID or Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD running LightHouse 3 v3.11.42 or later software. Should your iTC-5 not be responding in this manner, then it would be recommended that the iTC-5 be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Reference URL's