Raymarine forum

Full Version: No radar video on E120
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Radar worked great last week, now I can't get any video display. Put the radar in 3nm range and ran a self test. I noticed that the Magnetron current is at 0 along the Magnetron heater has a fail code. Any help?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Garry,

The symptom is indicative of a failure within the radome or open array pedestals circuitry. Does the radar cable feature white sheathing or a black sheathing? Should the radar cable be black, then it would indicate that the radome or open array pedestal features an Ethernet communications/video interface and should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be serviced. However, should the radar cable be white, then it would indicate that the radome or open array pedestal features an analog video interface, requiring that the radome or open array pedestal and the cable be replaced as Raymarine's Product Repair Center can no longer service these radar devices.

Fortunately, the E-Series Classic MFDs are compatible with any of Raymarine's currently manufactured radomes and open array pedestals except for Quantum radomes.
Thanks Chuck,

The cable is white. Does the whole open array pedestal need to be replaced or can components inside be replaced like the stacks? (I believe that is the correct term)
Garry,

The entire radar pedestal, array, and radar cable would need to be replaced. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Reference URL's