Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Converting FSH files to GPX files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I also have my last version of updates to my backups from the E120. It is not much different but has a few new waypoints and tracks. The file is attached. It is the ARCHIVE.FSH

I have also found other backups that may have some of my missing data. The files are attached. They are not much different but this should be the last and only time I ask you to convert them. If it is too much work let me know.

If I import from the various files starting with the oldest first if there are duplicates will the newer waypoint, track, or route just overwrite the older one withe same name or create added entries. Also if a waypoint was in no category or a different category on the old file what will happen with the new file with a waypoint in a different category.

I am fine if you would rather this not go on the forums and just want to answer and send me the converted file privately.

I just want to get all of this setup.

Thanks in advance
Chris
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chris,

The Archive.FSH file appears to only contain tracks.

We many need to clean up these FSH files before converting them to GPX files. For clarification purposes, were these FSH files produced by E120 E-Series Classic MFD, or

[Image: e-120-1.jpg]

were these FSH files produced by an E120W E-Series Widescreen MFD?
[Image: e120-6.jpg]
All of the files were created by the same E120 E-Series Classic MFD.

That is a surprise that the Archive.FSH contained only tracks. It should have had waypoints and tracks but no routes. So that is the only copy of that I have and now that the E120 has been uninstalled I will not be able to get any of the very few probably 5 waypoints. I can pretty easily live with that. I could still use the tracks from the file you just did.
The Archive_12_03_2019.gpx you sent me a few weeks ago had waypoints and it worked fine importing to the Axiom.

I think that possibly the archive dated 3-9-2016 file might be the file with the best history.

I also need to understand how the overwrites would work on the Axiom. My questions from the previous post.
1. If I import from the various files starting with the oldest first if there are duplicates will the newer waypoint, track, or route just overwrite the older one with the same name or create added entries.
2. Also if a waypoint was in no category or a different category on the old file what will happen with the new file with a waypoint in a different category.

Thanks for your help.
Chris
Chris,

The GPX files have been e-mailed to you.

Q1. If I import from the various files starting with the oldest first if there are duplicates will the newer waypoint, track, or route just overwrite the older one with the same name or create added entries.
A1. Creation date of a waypoint, route, or track is not taken into account during an import operation. Name checks alone will be performed. If the name of a waypoint, route, or track being imported already exists within the MFD's memory, then the MFD should detect the duplication and permit the operator to either overwrite or create a new waypoint, route, or track.

Q2. Also if a waypoint was in no category or a different category on the old file what will happen with the new file with a waypoint in a different category.
A2. See the response to Q1. The system will not support having waypoints of the same name within different waypoint groups. During the import process, show a waypoint of the same name within a different group be detected and the option to overwrite be selected, then the group of the waypoint being imported will be assigned. During the import process, show a waypoint of the same name within a different group be detected and the option to create new be selected, then the imported waypoint's name will be changed to eliminate the conflict.
Ok thanks for all the file conversions and the responses.
Finally getting the waypoints, routes and tracks organized. When I try to import an existing backup into the Axiom I get the message not enough room only partly done. It does not tell me which one one is the problem.
What are the maximums?
Any suggestion?

Chris
Chris,

Q. What are the maximums?
A. It sounds like some waypoint/route/track management is required. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Information concerning the maximum number of waypoints, routes, and tracks may also be found within Chapter7: Waypoints, Routes and Tracks of the LightHouse 3.11 Advanced Operation Instructions
Reference URL's