Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Axiom Pro with CP570 and dual 2kw Transducers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can the Axiom Pro with a CP570 handle 2, 2kw transducers? total 4KW on the CP570.
Currently have a Raymarine 2KW R109LH connected to the CP570, and would like to add an additional Raymarine 2KW R409LM-W to the CP570.
Manual and advertisement is a little confusing, and hope you can clarify for me.
Please see the pictures attached. On Raymarine site it says capable of 4kw.
The R109LH would be a Low High Transducer, primarily use it as a High frequency transducer, and the R409LM-W more used as a medium, and Low wide transducer.
I would not use it simultaneously. I would use each 2kw transducer separately, and at different times. Worst case, and I'm trying to avoid adding a second CP570 black box.
Please advise,
Thank you!
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Fish On,

I have some greater clarification to offer on high power (600W, 1kW, 2kW, and 3kW) CHIRP transducers and fishfinder products which are designed to utilize these transducers. High Power CHIRP transducers either designed to support a single CHIRP channel (Low, Medium, or High) or designed to support a pair of CHIRP channels (Low-High (LH), Medium-High (MH), or Low-Medium (LM)). The 1kW CHIRP sounder circuitry of the CP470 and Axiom Pro RVX MFDs features a single set CHIRP processor which is capable of alternating between two CHIRP channels or processing a single channel. As such the CP470 or Axiom Pro RVX MFD may be interfaced to a pair of high power CHIRP transducers supporting a single CHIRP channel (ex. a B175H & B175L; B75M & B75H which have been joined with the Paired CHIRP Transducer Y-Cable (A102146), etc.) or a single high power CHIRP transducer supporting a pair of CHIRP channels (ex. R409LM-W, M265 LH, etc.). In contrast, the 2kW CHIRP sounder circuitry of the CP570 features a pair of independent CHIRP processors which are capable of simultaneously processing a pair of CHIRP channels. As channel alternating is not necessary for the CP570, the ping rate supported by the CP570 will be greater than the ping rate of the CP470 or Axiom Pro RVX MFD when using two CHIRP channels. Like the CP470 or Axiom Pro RVX MFD, the CP570 may be interfaced to a pair of high power CHIRP transducers supporting a single CHIRP channel or a single high power CHIRP transducer supporting a pair of CHIRP channels.

As your R109LH supports a pair of CHIRP Channels, your currently currently installed CP570 cannot be interfaced to a second transducer. Should the R409LM-W be installed and should you desire to drive it at 2kW, then a second CP570 would need to be interfaced to the system to accommodate this this transducer.

Comment: When using more than one high power CHIRP transducer onboard, care should be taken to not transmit the same channel (Low, Medium, or High) from both transducers or interference may result.

I trust that this clarifies this subject.
Chuck,
So what are the least chance's of getting interference on my dual Axiom Pro RVX's.
Between my 2k R109LH, connected to a CP570. And running an additional medium frequency transducer.
My set-up;
RV212 connected to one Axiom Pro RVX.
Two Potential option; just add a medium 1kw transducer.
B175M, or B265LM.
Or, CP570 with a 2kw R409LM-W.
I prefer the CP570 with the 2kw R409LM-W as my 1st option, but fear the interference.
If you believe there's a high probability of interference, I don't want to take that chance.
Can I run all transducers at the same time?
I don't mind running either the R109LH and R409LM-W at different times.
Or, running the RV212, with R109LH with the R175M or R265LM.
Lastly, Not sure how far apart they have to be from all transducers.Dual RV212, R109LH. Same goes with B175M and B265LM.
Fish On,

Anytime that transducers operate at the same frequencies, the possibility for interference / noise with other sonar products may occur. The following frequencies apply for the transducers which you have referenced:

- RV transducers: 60 kHz range centered on 350kHz
- R109LH: L: 38-75 kHz / H: 130-210 kHz
- B175LM: L: 40-60 kHz / M: 85-135 kHz
- B265LM: L: 42-65 kHz / M: 85-135 kHz
- R409LM-W: L: 40-60 kHz / M: 80-130 kHz

As the RV transducers do not operate within the frequency range supported by the above listed high power CHIRP transducers, simultaneous operation of the RV transducers any of the above listed transducers should not result in any interference / noise. However, when operating two high power CHIRP transducers simultaneously, care should be taken to not operate the system in a manner which would result in overlapping frequencies. Raymarine has not specified minimum separation distances for fishfinder transducers ... frequency and turbulence resulting from hydrodynamics (particularly at speeds above trolling speeds) are the item of concern for transducer installations.
Reference URL's