Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Axiom /Quantum WiFi chart overlay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just purchased an Axiom 9 and a Quantum WiFi only Radar. They cannot be installed for a few months, but I attached them to a 12v battery and am having fun just learning how they operate. I have a question, how do I change the presentation screen to get the radar to overlay the chart. Thanks.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum wcletien,

In order to overlay the Chart application with radar, the system must have the following resource and data inputs:
- a compatible radar transducer must be interfaced to the system
- the system must have acquired a GPS position FIX either from it's internal GPS receiver or an external GPS source,
- the system must be interface to a source of heading data or must be receiving valid COG data (the latter requires that the vessel be underway and making way at a speed of at least 1-2kts.

In your test scenario, COG would not be available to the system. You have also not made any reference to a heading input or whether the system was receiving a GPS position FIX.
I also have a Raymarine an ACU-100 Control Unit and p70 control head Evolution 100 with EV1 sensor. Is this the info you needed to complete the instructions? So basically I can’t actually see this work until it is installed and the boat is moving. Let’s assume this is the case and it is some time in May and everything is working. What process would I go through to have the Radar overlayed onto the active chart screen. I also sent a thread yesterday indicating that I already have a EV-1 compass and Evolution with p70 autopilot system. Thanks
Thanks again.
wcletien,

Q1. Is this the info you needed to complete the instructions?
A1. It is recommended that your autopilot be powered ON, that the MFD be paired with the Quantum radome, and that the MFD's Radar feature be operated. After doing so, the command sequence to switch the Radar overlay on/off within the Chart application is MENU->SETTINGS->LAYERS->RADAR. More information concerning the MFD's Chart application may be found within Chapter 8: Chart app of the LightHouse 3.11 Advanced Operation Instructions.

Q2. So basically I can’t actually see this work until it is installed and the boat is moving. Let’s assume this is the case and it is some time in May and everything is working.
A2. This is an incorrect statement. Should the Evolution autopilot have been interfaced to the MFD, then it will be supplying the MFD with Heading data. This may be verified by using the MFD's Dashboard application to display the Heading (not COG) data item and then verifying that it is populated. If so and the source supplying GPS data to the MFD has acquired a GPS position FIX, then the procedure specified within the response to Q1 may be used to overlay radar atop the Chart application within a MFD running the latest LightHouse 3 software (v3.11.42 at the time of this response).
What adapter (specific part number) can be used to connect the Axiom 9 power cord/NMEA2000 cable to the p70 control head for data transfer. It looks like a female to female adapter, with a slightly larger five pin on the p70 side. I currently have it plugged into the C80 which I am replacing. Thanks
wcletien,

Q1. What adapter (specific part number) can be used to connect the Axiom 9 power cord/NMEA2000 cable to the p70 control head for data transfer.
A1. The MFD's NMEA 2000 socket should not be directly connected to the p70. Instead, the current standard calls for all NMEA 2000 devices to be installed as individual spurs to the backbone rather to be interfaced via daisy chains. Accordingly, the MFD's NMEA 2000 port (DeviceNet (M)) should be interfaced to a spur (white) socket within the backbone. As indicated within the FAQ found here, any one the following adapters may be used to interface the product as a spur to a SeaTalkng backbone:
- A06045 / 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F)
- A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F)
- A06082 DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng (M) Adapter and an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable.
Reference URL's