Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] ST 6002 to Axiom Pro S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Searched for similar threads, but still need confirmation...

My setup currently includes the S2 course computer that links to the ST 6002 Control head in my binnacle via Seatalk and then to my e120 MFD via seatalk.

I am now changing to the Axiom Pro 12S

Can I connect the ST 6002 control head to the powered Seatalk to STng converter? In doing this, I would disconnect the red power lead from the ST 6002 at the S2 course computer.

Or do I have to use the NEMA 0183 data connection from the Axiom Pro and connect it to the S2 course computer? In doing this, my ST 6002 would be a dead end.

Secondly, my ST60 instruments all connect to the S2 course computer. I assume that once the course computer has been connected to the Axiom Pro in one way or the other, the ST60's should be good?

Please confirm.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum DKSAIL,

Q1. Can I connect the ST 6002 control head to the powered Seatalk to STng converter? In doing this, I would disconnect the red power lead from the ST 6002 at the S2 course computer. Or do I have to use the NEMA 0183 data connection from the Axiom Pro and connect it to the S2 course computer? In doing this, my ST 6002 would be a dead end.
A1. Neither of these options would be recommended. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated therein, one of the S2 course computer's SeaTalk ports will be allocated to connecting the control head and all three leads of the SeaTalk cable will be used to perform this connection. The S2 course computer's other SeaTalk port will be allocated to connecting the course computer to the daisy chained ST60 instruments which in turn will be interfaced to the SeaTalk socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Also as indicated within the referenced FAQ, the red led of SeaTalk cable connecting the autopilot course computer to the ST60 instruments will not be used. The instruments will be powered by the SeaTalkng backbone via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

Q2. Secondly, my ST60 instruments all connect to the S2 course computer. I assume that once the course computer has been connected to the Axiom Pro in one way or the other, I assume that once the course computer has been connected to the Axiom Pro in one way or the other, the ST60's should be good?
A2. See my response to Q1.
Thanks for the response. The confusion comes from page 14 of the seatalk to seatalkng converter manual. The manual shows a 0183 connection to the AP. With your clarification, now I can finally get this done.
You're welcome.
Reference URL's