Raymarine forum

Full Version: [Lw11] Raymarine M1500 and windows 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good morning,

Is the Raymarine M1500 monitor compatible with Windows 10.

Best regards,

Ulric
Dear UlricA,

The Raymarine 1500 monitor is specified to the input of the display it is supporting not the Windows software revision.

The display has a DVI and VGA input, both commonly used for laptops/ computers but rarely see these connections - more commonly HDMI or wireless screen sharing.

You will need to match the monitor resolution to match that of the input - the following resolutions are available;

640 x 480 60Hz
800 x 600 72Hz
1024 x 768 60Hz (this is the preferred resolution) and 70Hz
1280 x 1024 60Hz

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks
Louise
Hi Louise,

Many thanks for your reply. However, I don't understand if the Raymarine M1500 is likely to work with Windows 10? Ciuld you rephrase pls. It has worked fine with Windows XP for me.

Best regards,

Ulric
Dear UlricA,

Thank you for your post.

The M1500 is a monitor only. It does not have software like windows 10 installed.

What computer have you currently got connected to the M1500 with Windows XP on it? As long as the computer has the minimum hardware requirements to install windows 10 on it, you will then view windows 10 on the M1500 as that is what is being sent to the display.

Many Thanks
Louise
Many thanks Louise!

I have got a Intel NUC7 brand new computer with Windows 10. It works perfect with my standard screen inside. My outside M1500 screen worked well with Windows XP, but the M1500 has since failed. I am about to replace it with another second hand M1500, but didn't want to do this if the M1500 doesn't work with Windows 10. Do you know instances when M1500 has worked with Windows 10?

Best regards,

Ulric
Many thanks for your answer Louise!

I have got a new Intel NUC7 PC. Would Raymarine M1500 work with Windows 10 installed on this PC? Alternatively do you know if the M1500 at all works with Windows 10?

Best regards,

Ulric
Dear UlricA,

Thank you for your post.

The operating system you have on your laptop does not have any influence on the M1500, as long as you are using a compatible resolution any video will be viewable on the M1500. The M1500 has the same function as a standard computer monitor.

You need to look at the display resolution on the new computer and see if it can output the following;

640 x 480 60Hz
800 x 600 72Hz
1024 x 768 60Hz (this is the preferred resolution) and 70Hz
1280 x 1024 60Hz

You do not need to think about Windows 10 as this does not has any reference to showing the display on a monitor. You need to configure the output of the computer to match the M1500.

It should work as long as they are both compatible, what is the graphic specification of the computer?

Many Thanks
Louise
Thanks again Louise,

The graphic processor is an Intel® UHD Graphics 600.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...jysal.html

Does that answer your question?

Best regards,

Ulric
Dear Ulrica,

Thank you for your post.

It is probably worth contacting product support for intel to see if the computer will reduce to the resolution of the M1500. The specs I have seen online only show its maximum supported resolution of 4096x2160 @ 60Hz

It is common for graphics cards to be backward compatible but I cannot advise, I also assume you are using an adaptor for the HDMI connection. Is this correct and compatible?

Many Thanks
Louise
How is Raymarine M1500 monitor? I was thinking of buying one for my small office room in my property in Cyprus. Would you recommend it as a user or maybe some other models better to look at?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's