Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] help to connect 5 components together
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

i need help to connect 5 components together. I have a axiom-12rvx, a ES78, a pair of realvision transducer, a 4kw radome, also want to link my Fusion ra-70N to the pack.

do i need a hs5 of i can ran the radar and transducer direct to one of a MDF, then but a NMEA line between the radio head and one of the mdf?

thanks a lot
Welcome to the Raymarine Jim,

General note for those interfacing eS/gS-Series MFDs to Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs: Please note that the final LightHouse 3 software or the eS/gS-Series MFDs will be v3.11.42. No further software updates will be produced for these MFDs. While LightHouse 3 software for Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs will continue to evolve, should the network continue to include eS/gS-Series MFDs, then it would not be recommended that the software of the system's Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs be updated beyond v3.11.42.

Ethernet: as three devices having and Ethernet communications interface (i.e. 2 MFDs and radar transducer) will need to be interfaced and each of these devices only has one Ethernet communications interface, a HS5 RayNet Network Switch will need to be installed. Each MFD will be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. The Digital Radar Cable will likewise be connected to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch.

FF transducers: The RV transducers will be mated directly to the RV Transducer socket of the Axiom MFD

NMEA 2000: The Axiom MFD and Fusion entertainment system will each be interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. As these appear to be the only two devices which need to be interfaced to the backbone, a simple backbone may be constructed. As the NMEA 2000 interface of the Axiom MFD and Fusion entertainment system each feature a DeviceNet (M) socket, the following adapters / assemblies may be used to interface the product as a spur to a SeaTalkng backbone:
- A06045 / 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F)
- A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F)
- A06082 DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng (M) Adapter and an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable
hello Chuck
thanks a lot for your help

My system is now ready to be connected, i want to make sure i understand what you are saying perfectly.
So
1- I'm connecting my real vision directly to my axiom unit.
2- i install and HS5, to which i connect the axiom and the es78 using a06075 cables
3- i connect the radar to the HS5 using the cable a80228
4- i can connect:a- the ax12 to the fusion radio using a06075 cable and a06082 connector
or B-connect to a nmea2000 instead than directly to the radio to get the possibility to have other device added to the nmea2000 in the future,

am i correct?
thanks a lot
Hi Jim,

1- I'm connecting my real vision directly to my axiom unit.
A1-Yes

2- i install and HS5, to which i connect the axiom and the es78 using a06075 cables.
A2-No, Each MFD(this includes eS78) will be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. The Digital Radar Cable will likewise be connected to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch.

3- i connect the radar to the HS5 using the cable a80228
A3-Yes

4- i can connect:a- the ax12 to the fusion radio using a06075 cable and a06082 connector
or B-connect to a nmea2000 instead than directly to the radio to get the possibility to have other device added to the nmea2000 in the future,
A4-No, please see this, NMEA 2000: The Axiom MFD and Fusion entertainment system will each be interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. As these appear to be the only two devices which need to be interfaced to the backbone, a simple backbone may be constructed. As the NMEA 2000 interface of the Axiom MFD and Fusion entertainment system each feature a DeviceNet (M) socket, the following adapters / assemblies may be used to interface the product as a spur to a SeaTalkng backbone:
- A06045 / 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F)
- A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F)
- A06082 DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng (M) Adapter and an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable
Reference URL's