Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Raymarine ST5000+ and Garmin7612
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an ST 5000+ auto pilot and wanted to connect it to my Garmin 7612xsv. Is this doable using the nema 183 on my Garmin. I don't have a diagram and wanted to know where the autopilot + and - wires connect to on my Garmin. Thanks
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Scott,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. The ST5000+ Owner's Manuals may be found here. It is recommended that you consult the Garmin 7612xsv's Installation Guide for wire colors associated with its Power / NMEA 0183 Cable. In short, one of the TX leads (blue or gray) of the Garmin 7612xsv's Power / NMEA 0183 Cable will need to be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 IN+ terminal of the ST5000+. Additionally, the black Ground (Power / NMEA 0183) lead of the Garmin 7612xsv Power / NMEA 0183 Cable will need to be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 IN- terminal of the ST5000+ as well as to ground. In the example which I had provided to you, the black lead of the Garmin 7612xsv's Power / NMEA 0183 Cable will be connected to a terminal strip. Two length marine grade wire will need to be connected this same terminal. One of the lengths of marine grade wire will be connected to the NMEA 0183 IN- terminal of the ST5000+. The other length of marine grade wire will be connected to the vessel's ground.
Thanks for your help chuck, I understand some of it now.
You're welcome.
Reference URL's