Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] CP570 to 3KW Transducer Upgrade from 2KW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the Axiom Pro RVX connected to a CP570, I currently have a R109LH 2kw and I'm looking to upgrade to an inhull R599LH 3kw.
Will the CP570 work on an inhull R599LH 3kw to its fullest potential, or does it max out at 2kw, and I would be better off with the R111LH 2kw inhull transducer.
Reason I would go with the 3kw opposed to a 2kw is that my hull is between 1.25", and 1.5" thick. Waiting to hear from Airmar regarding the "power loss" with the thickness of my fiberglass hull.
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Fish On,

Q. Will the CP570 work on an inhull R599LH 3kw to its fullest potential, or does it max out at 2kw, and I would be better off with the R111LH 2kw inhull transducer.
A. The CP570 will deliver up to 2kW per channel. As such, should a 3kW transducer be interfaced to the CP570, then the maximum output from either of its channels would be limited to 2kW.
Chuck,
Glad I got you. So the R599LH puts out 3kw per channel I believe. 3kw on low, 3 kw on high. Is that correct? So it sounds like I'm better off with a 2kw the R111LH.
Fish On,

Fisherman will often use transducers having a higher power output rating than is supported by the fishfinder product which will be used with the transducer. Such decisions are based on the other performance characteristics of the transducer (ex. transducer quality factor, “Q”. For this reason, Raymarine has historically offered high power 50kHz/200kHz and high power CHIRP transducers having maximum power ratings which are greater than the power output available Raymarine fishfinding products. I would recommend contacting Airmar / Gemeco for more information concerning whether the Q one of these transducers is significantly better than the other.
Chuck, funny you mentioned about the 3kw. But I did speak to Airmar this morning, and they did say the 3kw puts out alot of noise which in shallower water it may scare fish. they did say go with 1-2 kw.
FWIW, I had an inhull m260 1kw with the E120 classic, and it did work flawlessly combined fish alarm. Everytime it went off, it was instantaneous we caught. People were amazed!!
Hace the R109LH, Will just add a 2kw inhull LM just for inshore/deeper water, Shallow water I can use the RV212, and also thinking on the B175HW for trolling, chunking.
Thanks for the follow-up!
Chuck, will you get better performance with a b175hw connected to a CP570 or just plug it in to 1 of my Axiom pro rvx? Or, iui s it just the same performance out of the b 175hw?
Is it the same performance if I get 1 b175h, and a B175L connected to a CP570, or a b265lh connected to an axiom pro rvx?
Thanks.
Q1. will you get better performance with a b175hw connected to a CP570 or just plug it in to 1 of my Axiom pro rvx? Or, iui s it just the same performance out of the b 175hw?
A1. The advantage of Wide beam transducer is to scan a wider area ... which may in turn increase your ability to locate fish. As indicated within other threads in which I have addressed this subject, the primary advantage of an external fishfinder sounder module is that its sole function is to process analog fishfinder transducer signals. As such external sounder modules do not have additional circuitry (ex. displays, WiFi, etc.) which can be a source of signal noise which can adversely affect fishfinder performance. Typically, external fishfinder sonar modules will provide the greatest level of fishfinding performance (depth and image quality) over a MFD's internal fishfinder circuitry. Anecdotal feedback has supported the information supplied above. As you system already has a CP570, it would typically be recommended that it be used as much as is possible.

Q2 Is it the same performance if I get 1 b175h, and a B175L connected to a CP570, or a b265lh connected to an axiom pro rvx?
A2. The performance of these options are not the same. The CP570 has two fully independent high power CHIRP sonar channels while the MFD's internal sonar circuitry has one high power CHIRP sonar channels. As such, when interfaced to a transducer pair or transducer supporting two CHIRP frequency ranges, the MFD's internal sonar circuitry will alternate between each channel, and will therefore ping at 1/2 the rate of a transducer pair or transducer supporting two CHIRP frequency ranges.
Chuck, TY so much to clarify. Is the RV212 a conical chirp transducer?
Getting the right transducer is a tough choice without making the bottom of your boat looking like swiss cheese. Will get the cp570, with R111LM, and swapping out the R109LH to a R109LHW. The RV212 will take care of my inshore; Low/High.
This set up I have the best of all worlds. Low, Med. HIgh, and High Wide. Inshore, offshore trolling, bottom fishing, and chunking offshore.
Fish On,

Q. Is the RV212 a conical chirp transducer?
A. RV transducers support each of the following types of sonar:
- RealVision,
- SideVision,
- DownVision
- Low power / high frequency conical CHIRP
Ty sir!!
You're welcome.
Reference URL's