Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA] E7D Data Import
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When importing routes and waypoints from the Navionics app on my iPhone, the gpx file goes to a different location on one of two MSD cards each time I do an import. How do I define where to put the imported data?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mswanicke,

Questions concerning the use of the Navionics Boating app should be addressed to Navionics support.

With respect waypoint/route data transferred from the Navionics boating app, please note that such transfers do not cause the MFD store the transferred data on a microSD memory card. Instead, waypoint/route data transferred from the Navionics boating app or imported from a GPX file stored on a memory card is stored directly into the MFD's internal waypoint/route memory. The MFD's waypoint/route export feature is used to export the data from the MFD's internal waypoint/route memory to a GPX file store on a microSD memory card. When exporting the data, the user will be prompted to select a memory card to which the GPX file(s) will be saved. The MFD will automatically create the folder structure Raymarine->My Data on the microSD memory card and save the GPX file(s) in that location.
To use the waypoint/route data imported to the MFD, do I have to first export it to a microSD card? If so, where do I find the data to export?
mswanicke,

As indicated, within the prior response, transferred waypoints and routes will be saved within the MFD's internal waypoint/route/track memory. The imported waypoints and routes will appear within the MFD's Waypoint and Route lists (HOME->MY DATA->WAYPOINTS / ROUTES). Waypoints and routes are exported via the menu options found within the MFD's Import/Export menu (HOME->MY DATA->IMPORT/EXPORT->SAVE DATA. This feature is covered in Section 4.1 of the LightHouse II R17 MFDs Operations Manual.
Can routes be uploaded via Bluetooth or is there a router necessary?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum John,

Waypoint/route/track data transfer to/from an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD via Bluetooth is not supported. Wireless waypoint/route/track data transfer is exclusively supported via direct Wi-Fi connection between the mobile device (e.g. smartphone, tablet) and then, only the Navionics Boating app may be used. As a direct Wi-Fi connection between the MFD and the mobile device is required, a router is not applicable to such data transfer. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

The most common means of waypoint/route/track data transfer to/from an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD is via a microSD memory card containing a GPX file which has been populated with the waypoint/route/track data.
Reference URL's