Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Compatible Airmar transducer with Axiom 12 RV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I just bought Axiom 12 RV and I'm thinking to buy also an Airmar transducer.
I'm looking for your advise. I'm between T150 or TM165HW.
I usually fish not more than 90ft deep in saltwater and I fish also in freshwater winter time.
Also, are these transducers are directly connecting with the unit or there should be some extra cabling with the Airmar trancducer?

Thank in advance.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum stillg,

Please note that the transducers which you have referenced are high power CHIRP transducers. While the Axiom RV MFDs and Axiom DV MFDs may additionally be interfaced to a compatible 600W 50kHz/200kHz transducer (or 1kW, or 2kW transducer; however, the transducer will only be powered with 600W), these MFDs cannot be directly interfaced to a high power CHIRP transducer. Should it be desired to use a high power CHIRP transducer with an Axiom RV MFD or Axiom DV MFD, then the MFD would need to be interfaced to:

- A CP470 or CP570 CHIRP Sounder Module, which in turn was interfaced to a compatible high power CHIRP transducer; or

- A RVX1000 High Performance 3D Sounder Module, which in turn was interfaced to a compatible high power CHIRP transducer; or

- An Axiom Pro RVX MFD, which in turn was interfaced to a compatible high power CHIRP transducer.
Hello Chuck.
Since Airmar TM150 is 300W and Airmar TM165HW is 600W and Axiom 12RV can power up to 600W as per spec. , I thought that one of these transducers can be directly interfaced with the Sonar unit.
stillg,

This is not a power output issue. Please refer to my earlier response ... both Airmar's TM150 and TM165HW are CHIRP transducers. The internal 600W sonar of the Axiom RV and Axiom DV MFDs cannot be interfaced to any CHIRP transducers other than Raymarine's RealVision, DownVision, and CPT-S transducers. Instead, the internal 600W sonar circuitry of these MFDs is exclusively designed to support traditional 50kHz/200kHz transducers such as those transducers which are designed for use with the CP370 ClearPulse Sounder Module. The transducers which you have identified must be interfaced to the system via one of the options provided within my initial response.
Reference URL's