Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Wind sensor mounting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm interested in adding an i70S display, itc-5, and wind vane to an existing SeaTalk ng backbone. Because of antennas, I'd really like to install the wind vane pointed aft instead of forward. I know the wind vane can be calibrated from the i70S. Can it be adjusted 180 degrees to compensate for being installed facing aft?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dave,

While the i70S/i70 will support +/-179 degrees of wind angle adjustment, Raymarine's wind vanes designed and tested to be installed such that they point forward in line with or parallel to the vessel's center line. This is to ensure that the wind transducer will be positioned within the cleanest air. When mounted backwards as you have suggested, the wind vane may experience turbulence associated with air flow over the structures / objects located forward of the wind vane. Such turbulence would impair the performance of the wind instrument. Accordingly, your suggested installation of the wind vane would neither be recommended, nor supported.
Reference URL's