Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] C80 Radar Onlh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am installing a second C80 on my Sea Ray, and I plan to use it to display radar only. I have the 18” dome, not open array, so as I understand it the radar sensor does not need its own power source. I will connect the C80 to its own power cord and to the radar cable. Do I also need to connect the unit to the GPS antenna for the radar to display properly, or am I OK with the just the power cord and the radar cable? Thanks very much for your help.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum lawndoctor,

Q1. I have the 18” dome, not open array, so as I understand it the radar sensor does not need its own power source.
A1. Correct. The C/E-Series Classic MFDs were capable of supplying power to a radome.

Q2. Do I also need to connect the unit to the GPS antenna for the radar to display properly, or am I OK with the just the power cord and the radar cable?
A2. If simply seeking to operate the radar in head-up orientation and not other orientations, or MARPA features, then nothing else need be interfaced to the MFD.
Reference URL's