Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] axiom 9rv and A98
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
My question is can I slave an a98 connected to the raynet to my Axiom 9rv and share data?
Thanks
Bill
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

Q. can I slave an a98 connected to the raynet to my Axiom 9rv?
A. Negative. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Thats too bad but looks like it will still do what I was hoping for. Using the A98 for nmea2000 Instrument display and the Axiom for radar/downvision/charts. I believe I can do this and exchange data for depth/charts between the 2?
Bill,

Q. I believe I can do this and exchange data for depth/charts between the 2?
A. While instrument data may be shared by the two MFDs when interfaced to one another the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, the MFDs will neither share cartography, nor depth information (spot soundings, contours, etc.) from a chart card(s) within the system's MFD.
Thanks Chuck,
When I say share depth, the duecer is plugged into the Axiom but can still see the depth on the A98 through the nmea2k backbone not the fishfinder info.
Bill,

Q. When I say share depth, the duecer is plugged into the Axiom but can still see the depth on the A98 through the nmea2k backbone not the fishfinder info.
A. Correct.
sorry to ressurect this thread but can I ask, If I upgrade the A98 to an Axiom 7, will they NOW share data (ie:fishfinder, radar, etc) if its all only connected to the Axiom 9 only?
unixdood,

Q. If I upgrade the A98 to an Axiom 7, will they NOW share data (ie:fishfinder, radar, etc) if its all only connected to the Axiom 9 only?
A. If the Axiom MFDs are interfaced to one another via Ethernet (RayNet) networking, then they will share all system data and resources.
Awesome thanks
You're welcome.
Reference URL's