Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Tablet Wi-Fi issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an Axiom Pro 9 RVX with Realvision 3D transducers, 424 HD radar and Evolution EV1 auto pilot connected to it. Everything works really well together and I’m very happy with this setup. The problem starts when I connect my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e on the bridge to the Axiom via Wi-Fi using RayControl software (version 0108).

When the tablet interface works properly everything is great but there are some frequent problems. The most frequent problem is that it starts acting like the RayView app instead of the RayControl app. That is, I see everything (chart/fishfinder/radar) and it appears to be updating properly but I don’t have any control. The second thing that frequently happens is that it will revert back to the app start-up screen saying:

"No displays found
Please check the following:
• Your MFD’s network is switched on
• You’re mobile device is connected to your MFD’s Wi-Fi network (Currently connected to)
• Your MFD’s “Mobile Apps” setting is set to Remote Control or Viewing Only
Retry"

On rare occasions it will just kick me completely out of the app and go back to the tablet home screen.

Some info about the setup: The distance from the tablet to my Axiom Pro unit is about 5’. The Wi-Fi signal is required to pass through the fiberglass/wood roof of the salon.

Does this sound like a Wi-Fi signal strength issue, a Wi-Fi interference issue, an issue with the RayControl app (is there an updated version)? Are there any other potential issues? How can I test and solve this problem?

Is there a way to hardwire it into the network through the tablet’s USB3 port and would that solve the problem?

Thanks for your help.
Brad
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brad,

Indeed the reported symptoms may be resulting from weakening of the MFD's Wi-Fi signal by the vessel's structures where mobile app is being operated ... or possibly caused by or further weakened by RF noise from other objects. This may be tested by running the app for an extended period of time on deck with no structures between the MFD and the mobile device.
Reference URL's