Raymarine forum

Full Version: [TG11] Axiom 9 + Garmin Wind package?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To save me days of work pulling wires, I'm thinking of getting a Garmin GNX Wireless package consisting of :
gWind Wireless 2 transducer
GNX™ Wind Instrument
GNX™ 20 Instrument
DST800 thru-hull smart transducer
Bunch of NMEA 2000 cables

How do I hook it up with a Axiom 9, and what limitations in performance can I expect? I guess depth offset can be trimmed by the Garmin instruments. What about depth alarm and other stuff?

Thanks in advance
Tom
Hello Tom,

As far as connection goes, just plug into NMEA2000. Axiom uses the same Devicenet MicroC connector as the Garmin. All of the normal data should be available - you'll need to do calibration on the Garmin displays - but alarms generally will not be. For what I assume are legacy reasons - we implemented alarms in our Seatalk2 NMEA2000-like system many years before the NMEA2000 Alert PGNs were added to the specification, and have a lot of older software and devices that rely on that implementation - the Axiom displays don't use the Alert PGNs 126983-126988, at least at present. For good or ill, we maintain a high level of backwards compatibility and I think this is one of the rare drawbacks of that approach.

Regards,
Tom
Reference URL's