Raymarine forum

Full Version: [TG11] e80 legacy chart plotter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Need some advice. I have been reading all of the old threads.

I have a legacy e80 chartplotter on a new to me sailboat. I am not ready to upgrade mfd's yet. However, in near term I would like to be able to trip plan on Voyage Planner for PC and export via CF to the Chartplotter for use in the fall?

Is this possible? Can I use a the Navionics mapping that I just purchased to upgrade charting on the chartplotter? I did download via the link in the thread the Voyage Planner Software to my PC and it is asking for a product key (purchased I presume).

Help.

Thanks in advance
Chris Lopez
Hello Chris,

Quote:However, in near term I would like to be able to trip plan on Voyage Planner for PC and export via CF to the Chartplotter for use in the fall? Is this possible?

If you have a copy of Voyage Planner with a license key then yes. Export your plans in [url=https://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=131Archive.fsh[/url] format, not GPX, for use with E-Series Classic.

Quote:Can I use a the Navionics mapping that I just purchased to upgrade charting on the chartplotter?

This is a chart bought for use on the PC? Then no, sorry, Navionics' copy-protection prevents this. You need to buy charts separately for each platform. The E-series only reads charts from retail Navionics CompactFlash chart cards (again, a Navionics licensing thing.)

Regards,
Tom
Reference URL's