Raymarine forum

Full Version: [TG11] Displaying heel angle data from EV Sensor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have EV-1 Sensor and ACU-200 and an Axiom Pro MFD on my sailboat. I believe that the EV-1 measures heel angle. Does the autopilot put heel angle data on the SeaTalkNG bus? And if so, how do I display heel angle on the MFD?

If heel angle data is not on the bus, nor displayable, then I request that this feature be added. Knowing heel angle on a sailboat can be useful to optimizing performance, reefing, etc. (Obviously a marine clinometer would give you this information. But that is so 1800's :-)

Regards,
Mic
Hello Mic,

Yes, the EV1 and EV2 transmit the NMEA2000 Attitude PGN, 127257, which contains Roll (heel), pitch and yaw (rotation relative to some point, usually true north.) The Axiom's LH3 software can read that PGN and display heel in the Dashboard, and in coming software will also be able to display it as a data overlay on any other page. In the Dashboard app, press and hold on any existing digital data item (that you don't mind not seeing), choose Edit > Boat > Roll.

Regards,
Tom
Reference URL's