Raymarine forum

Full Version: Networking a new screen and CP370
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi team. I apologise if I am asking ridiculously simple questions. I currently have an A127 MFD and a Raymarine Autopilot that are networked via a 5 way network switch. There is also an old transducer that plugs straight into the back of the MFD.

I now want to add a second A127 MFD to the network as well as a new 1kw transducer via a CP370 DSM. I know the transducer plugs into the DSM but my questions are...

1. does the DSM then plug into the 5 way network switch or directly into the back of one of the MFD's? and...

2. if I connect the 2nd MFD via the 5 way network switch will all the devices be networked together ie both screens (individually) will have access to the chartplotter and autopilot and the new depth sounder, so I can pick which screen shows which data?

Thanks for your assistance with this one.
Hello Scottnic3,

Q1. does the cp370 then plug into the 5 way network switch or directly into the back of one of the MFD's?
A1-You would plug the cp370 into the HS5 switch so both screens can access it at all times.

Q2. if I connect the 2nd MFD via the 5 way network switch will all the devices be networked together ie both screens (individually) will have access to the chartplotter and autopilot and the new depth sounder, so I can pick which screen shows which data?
A2- Yes , they will all be networked.

Chris,
Thanks Chris.

I just have one more follow up question. Do I need an HS5 (A80007) or will the existing SeaTalk Ng 5 way connector (A06064) do the same job.

Thanks again for your assistance.
Yes, you need the HS5 to connect the cp370
Reference URL's