Raymarine forum

Full Version: [DG11] Autohelm 3000 - control box beeping constantly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an old autohelm 3000 wheel controlled autopilot (square black control box - no displays - built in gyro) on my sailing boat. The control box has started beeping as soon as I power it up (same signal as our of course, but just all the time).

I checked all connections etc.

I cannot afford a new

I either need to repair or to replace the control box. Can anyone help with a electronic diagram of the board?

Also if anyone could tell me if a control box for the tiller version autohelm 2000 (looks similar) could do the trick - or any of the later versions like 4000. Thanks in advance.
Dear peter@dideriksen.info

Thank you for your enquiry,

From your description is sound slike you are referring to the early Micro 3000 control unit? This was rectangular in shape, about 6" x 4" x 2" and was secured onto a bulkhead through a dovetail bracket.

If this is the case, then the 2000 or the 4000 control boxes of the same era, would not control the 3000 drive, since they used different control algorithms, they might work after a fashion, but unlikely to be acceptable.

The circuit diagrams remain proprietary and we do not disclose them.

We would suggest to update the electronics and retain the drive unit.

The current ACU100 electronics could be used with this drive.
Regards

Derek
Reference URL's