Raymarine forum

Full Version: 4KW SHD RADAR SOFTWARE UPDATE ISSUE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Tech,

I have just updated my E125 to v17. However, my radar will not update; it has v.08 & the download (via WiFi) lists v2.25 as available. All other connected network devices updated successfully. The download page indicates upgrade failed & to power-up radar (which was powered-up during the install). Strangely, after this, the master MFD radar window shows radar ID as 08001 while the slave MFD shows ID 20136. At that point I am not able to power-up the radar unless I cycle power to the VCM100, then I'm able to go to the slave unit radar menu & change the radar from 20136 to 08001 & at that point all function fine, just that I cannot do the update.

VCM100 LED indicators:
On - Green Solid
Fault - Off
Sleep - Off

Thanks,
John
Forum:
Tech has advised that this is normal: When v17 is downloaded the upgrade for 4kw SHD radars should not be installed if your radar is Model E52081E—that is, it begins & ends with an “E”. The current software for this model is v.08.
Tech: Please correct this if I have misstated anything here.
Regards,
John
John,

Thanks for sharing this with the Forum. The information within your last post appears correct.
Reference URL's