Raymarine forum

Full Version: adding 2nd STng converter in system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm adding an older VHF radio with DSC function to the network. The terminators at the end of the backbone run are inaccessible. (wire runs are full and won't take another cable) That's why I need another converter, placed in the cabinet near first one. Now am connecting new converter to the existing converter . . . all sockets are used, no terminators at the converter. Have already connected wiring from the radio to the new STng converter.
Can you please tell me if this attached wiring diagram is correct?

Thank you,
Gary B.
Gary,

Your proposed method of adding a second SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter is correct from a SeaTalkng cabling perspective. However, within seeking to supply a VHF radio with 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 GPS data, the ST-STng Converter's yellow SeaTalk socket would be used per the information found here.
Does this require a dedicated ST-STNG Converter? Or can the ST wiring be configured like any other ST device (5 maximum) on the ST bus via either daisy-chaining or a D244 junction box?
Keith,

A dedicated SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter must be used when it will be used to transmit 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 GPS data sentences.
Reference URL's