Raymarine forum

Full Version: i70 to e7 connections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have an e7 installed on our Formula and would like to add a repeater. Just received an i70 for that purpose along with a Seatalk starter kit. My problem is there was not any instruction info for the Seatalk and just want to make sure that I don't mix up the connections.

Can anyone tell me, or point me in the direction of the information? Will the i70 receive it's power from the e7 as there was not a power cord included.

Thanks,

Jack
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jack,

Like other devices featuring a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface, these devices are designed to be interfaced as individual spurs to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone. To interface the the i70 MFID to a Data Master a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone must be installed onboard having sufficient SeaTalkng T-Pieces (SeaTalkng 5-way connectors may be substituted where NMEA 2000 devices are closely located) for each SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 device which will be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng Network backbone. A simple backbone may be constructed from the following components:

- A06064 SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector
- A06031 SeaTalkng Termination Plugs x 2
- A06049 SeaTalkng Power Cable
- a pair of SeaTalkng Spur Cables of appropriate length to interface the Data Master a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD and i70 MFID to the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.

The SeaTalkng Termination Plugs will be inserted into the blue backbone sockets of the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector. A SeaTalkng Spur cable will be used to interface the i70 MFID's white spur socket to one of the white spur sockets of the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector. The second SeaTalkng Spur cable will be used to interface the Data Master a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD's white spur socket to one of the white spur sockets ofthe SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector. The SeaTalkng Power Cable will be connected to a switched 12VDC power circuit to be protected with a 3A fuse. The SeaTalkng Power Cable's white spur plug will then be connected to the remaining white spur socket of the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.
Reference URL's