Raymarine forum

Full Version: Fuel Flow meters not showing correctly on a78 MFD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I should have read what I wrote and been more clear. That is the gauge im referring to from them..Lowrance LMF-200..

if I connected it to the seatalk network using the adapter cables, would it function as if it was on a NMEA backbone ?

Does the instruments have the ability to decipher the difference in backbones when using the adapter cables on a seatalk network
kingspade,

Q1: if I connected it to the seatalk network using the adapter cables, would it function as if it was on a NMEA 2000 backbone ?
A1: Yes.

Q2: Does the instruments have the ability to decipher the difference in backbones when using the adapter cables on a seatalk network
A2: SeaTalkng devices and SeaTalkng networking components are designed to not only support interfacing devices having SeaTalkng communications interfaces, but also NMEA 2000 communications interfaces such as the LMF-200 and EP-60R.
That is odd, when checking the device list on the raymarine they are indeed showing different serial numbers...Anyways, now I just need to find someone with a Lowrance plotter so I can change this out..otherwise I will be buying one of the LMF-400 gauges and then resell it right away.
Noted.
I should responded sooner on this. The fix for my issues was as simple as purchasing the Actisense NGT-1 which is when used with their NMEA Reader software allows viewing of NMEA 2000 messages with configuration options, enabling the set-up of all products on the NMEA 2000 bus.

Once I had that interface, I just unplugged the port sensor since it already is showing port, and then changed the starboard meter's instance and viola! I have working meters for each engine!
kingspade,

Thanks for the follow-up. It's good to learn the Actisense NGT-1 is able to configure the Lowrance fuel flow sensors.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's