Raymarine forum

Full Version: Display of AIS information on MFD chart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I Have a Ray 70 VHF with AIS connected to my A 128 MFD, is there any way the ais ship name and speed be displayed always when the chart is on? or a simple way access this info?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Don,

AIS target data for any target of interest may be displayed by positioning the cursor over the AIS target of interest (the cursor will then be colored red and the label "AIS" will appear beneath the cursor) and then pressing the OK button.
Chuck,
It's very difficult to select a moving AIS target and then go thru the menu selections for display information while underway. It would be far more useful if there was a default menu to view 'ship name only' for example. That way one can pay more attention to what's in front of you then [censored] around with the MFD for every AIS target. I find the lack functionality frustrating in practice.
Gary.
Gary,

No menu options need be exercised to obtain the AIS target vessel's name, CPA, TCPA, COG, or SOG. One need simply position the cursor over the AIS target of interest (the cursor will then be colored red and the label "AIS" will appear beneath the cursor) and then pressing the OK button. For those having touchscreens, the same information will be displayed by holding one's finger to the screen while positioned over an AIS target. This information may be made persistent by selecting the corresponding menu item within the displayed AIS Target menu. Until now, Raymarine has not included a feature to display this information for all AIS targets as the screen may appear excessively cluttered in areas having high concentrations of AIS Class A and Class B transceivers. That said, a feature request will be logged to consider this feature for inclusion within a future a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update as well as within the designs of future chartplotting products.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions..
Reference URL's