Raymarine forum

Full Version: Q24W or Q24C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently purchased a new e97 MFD to replace the C70 on my cruiser and would like to continue my electronics upgrade with a Quantum Radar unit. Besides the lack of an included cable is there a difference in the two Quantum models? If I purchase the Q24W, is there an interface to be able to add a cable later if desired? With the wifi option do I need anything else to connect the radar unit to the MFD or to the boat? Do I need an existing wifi signal on the boat for the units to communicate? Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum NAVYCTRC,

The radar performance specifications of the Q24W and Q24C are identical. These radomes differ only in that the Q24W has no provision to be networked to the system via a cable. The Q24W can only be interfaced via Wi-Fi to a Wi-Fi equipped a-Series MFD or c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. As the Q24W does not include the hardware to support a cabled network communications, its price is correspondingly lower than the Q24C.
Reference URL's