Raymarine forum

Full Version: Advantage of switching to newer transducer -DVS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the DF Legacy 6 with the original transducer. One key-way notch on both cable and unit. Would there be any advantage to switching over to the newer model of transducer? The new one looks like it wouldn't be as loose and may be a bit farther from transom. The current one still loses bottom when I gain speed and regains it after a short while. I'm sure it's an aeration thing but since nothing has changed with the set-up, I don't know why now. The only thing different is the latest software.

Should the transducer tip, (end farthest from transom) be tipped more down, up or level with boat bottom. The current design doesn't allow much fine tuning. One notch is too much or not enough.

Thanks
Bill
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

The performance of the current and initial Dragonfly transducers should be virtually identical. There should be no reason to change the transducer unless you experience a failure of the currently installed transducer.

With respect to the angle of attack, the recommendation is to start with the transducer's face parallel to the bottom hull. Should one experience problems with operation while the boat is operating at planing speeds (i.e. transducer aeration), then typically dropping the aft end the transducer a notch or two will address correct the problem.
Thanks for answers. I'll keep what I have and move the end down a notch.

Thanks again,

Bill
Your'e welcome.
Reference URL's