Raymarine forum

Full Version: connecting a e80 to a c80
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
guys,
I have a c80 in my boat right now with a fish finder and gps anteanna. I just received a e80 and radar. I want to install the e80 and radar and then link the 2 together to share the gps anteanna only. I know data will share but not video.

Do I connect the wire from the seatalk rgy on the back of the c80 to what on the back of the e80?? The seatalk/alarm out or to the nmea0183?

I know I will have to splice the cables I think....

Please help....
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dleigh18,

SeaTalk instruments, autopilot components, GPS sensors, and chartplotters featuring a 1st generation SeaTalk interface which do not additionally feature a SeaTalkng interface (ex. ST40/60 Instrument Displays, ST6001, S2G, Wireless AP Controller, Raystar 125 GPS Sensor, C80, E80, etc.) should be interfaced to one another, in any order, using standard SeaTalk Cables. SeaTalk Cables can be joined using D244 SeaTalk Junction Blocks, splices, marine grade terminal strips, or R55006 SeaTalk Auxiliary Junction Boxes. SeaTalk Cable is available in 15", 1m, 3m, 5m, and 9m lengths. This method of interfacing is referred to as a SeaTalk bus. Should the SeaTalk bus feature any devices other than a SeaTalk GPS Sensor and the MFDs, then the SeaTalk bus would need to be interfaced to a switched 12VDC power circuit.

When interfacing these MFDs to one another, the E80's SeaTalk/Alarm Cable would be spliced to an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable having a press-fit 3-pin plug on one end. This plug would in turn be connected to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. The SeaTalk port of the would be joined to the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block using an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable having a press-fit 3-pin plug on each end. Should a GPS sensor having a SeaTalk communications interface be installed onaboard, then its cable would also be spliced to an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable having a press-fit 3-pin plug on one end. This plug would in turn be connected to the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block.
Reference URL's