Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Humidity problems with i70 display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, we have a costumer experiencing issues with i70 displays and hope you can help us.

The problem is that sometimes moisture appears inside the display, we have replaced the i70 entirely and the new one showed the same behavior. Have you had this issue before? what can be done to solve it?

I attach some pictures.

Thanks in advance,

Martin Sivolella
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum MS Aeromarine,

Such condensation is not normal. Should condensation be detected within a product, then it is recommended that the product be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be serviced.
Hello Chuck, thanks for your answer,

We contacted Robin Nadeau from Warranty department when the first equipment failed, they told us to replace it by a new one. Then, the second equipment also showed the same behavior.

We have both equipments in our company now. Is necessary to send them to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center?

I await your comments,

Martin
Yes.
I am having the same issue with a p70 autopilot control head. Condensation forming inside the screen. Can my dealer replace this for me so I don't have to go without an autopilot?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum closereach77,

Many dealers, particularly Premier Dealers who perform Certified Installations will keep spares onhand for such instances. The greatest chance of achieving the end sought (i.e. not be without an autopilot control head) would be contact a Certified Raymarine Installer rather then an installer who isn't certified by Raymarine and to request that the visit support replacing the autopilot control head because of fogging. In this way the installer may seek and advance replacement to bring to the boat. If the autopilot was installed as part of a Certified Raymarine Installation and it has been less than 3 years since the product purchase, then this replacement should be covered under warranty.
Reference URL's