Raymarine forum

Full Version: Raystar 130 not recognized
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It has been a long battle, but I have my e9 as master, e12 as slave. Quantum Radardome and a B744 transducer. the system works great although it is hard to get to connect to wifi. Anyway, a key component of the system is a RAYSTAR 130 GPS antenna. I have the cable run down to the e9 (Master) and plugged into the Sea Talk plug on back of the MFD. However, it is not being recognized, so I am using the internal gps from the e 12.

Does this have to run through the spout cable, ,which is independently powered to be recognized or is there power running through the STN plug on the back of the display and I have other issues? Thank You
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

The Raystar 130's Cable is essentially a SeaTalkng spur cable. It is not possible to interface two devices having SeaTalkng or NMEA 2000 communications interfaces to one another via a single spur cable. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing to interface devices having SeaTalkng or NMEA 2000 communications interfaces.
So, from what I am reading is to have a SEA TALK Spur cable such as A06040 properly powered and plugged into the master, in this case the e97, and then plug the RAYSTAR 130 into it will get me this external antenna powered up and working for this display?
Tony,

Per the referenced FAQ, should the system not feature a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone, then one will need to be created using the parts specified within the referenced FAQ. The Raystar 130 GPS Sensor's cable will be plugged into one of the spur sockets of the referenced SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector and a SeaTalkng Spur Cable (such as the A06040 part number you have referenced) may be used to connect the e97 MFD's SeaTalkng spur socket to the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.
(08-17-16 12:49 PM)Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote: [ -> ]Tony,

Per the referenced FAQ, should the system not feature a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone, then one will need to be created using the parts specified within the referenced FAQ. The Raystar 130 GPS Sensor's cable will be plugged into one of the spur sockets of the referenced SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector and a SeaTalkng Spur Cable (such as the A06040 part number you have referenced) may be used to connect the e97 MFD's SeaTalkng spur socket to the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.

BRAVO!
You're welcome.
I have the kit mentioned. However, the power cable has a red, black and a bare cable. I am sure I am correct in saying the red is the positive and switched position for powering the spur. However, is the black the negative? Then what happens to the bare wire that is there?
Tony,

The SeaTalkng Power Cable's black lead should be connected to battery negative. The bare lead is the cable's drain lead. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing what to do with drain leads.
Reference URL's