Raymarine forum

Full Version: Connecting st60 wind, speed and depth to es75
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.
I'm new here and just bought a used boat, so I'm not very familiar with all technical details. Boat came with st60 instruments that are all connected together by Seatalk 1 cables. I'm installing brand new mfd es75, so my question is:
Can I connect those Seatalk 1 instruments to new mfd es75 just using one Seatalk 1 to Seatalk cable (an old plug on one side and new plug on the other), if I connected it straight from one vacant Seatalk plug on st60 to a Seatalk plug on es75? Will instruments be seen on mcd?
I appreciate any help.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Art,

It is not possible to interface these products in the manner which you have suggested. Instead a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit must be used. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Chuck, after reading faqs I still got one more question. For my particular system, which is st60 wind, depth, speed, st6001 autopilot and mfd es75 all I need is that converter kit, where all my st60s will go into converter which will be connected by seatalking cable to mfd, or something else on top of converter kit, like seatalking starter kit?
Art,

Per the referenced FAQ, the SeaTalk bus which is presently interfacing your ST60 Instrument Displays (3), ST6001 AP Control Head (1), and autopilot course computer (model not specified), will be branched and connected to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block using an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit will be used to connect the aforementioned D244 SeaTalk Junction Block the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter's yellow SeaTalk socket. The MFD will be interfaced to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. The referenced FAQ addresses powering the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and also removing power from the currently installed SeaTalk bus.
Hi,
I purchased converter kit, installed it as specified, now st60 speed, depth and wind are all sharing it's data with es75. I can see data from all 3 on mfd, no problem. The only thing that is not seen by mfd is st6001 autopilot. Autopilot is connected to converter via spur cable. The way the connection is set up: Seatalk 1 cable comes from autopilot computer into one Seatalk 1 plug on the back of st6001 controller, and spur cable goes from second Seatalk 1 plug on the back to the white terminal on Seatalk ng converter. What did I do wrong?
Art,

Devices having a SeaTalk communications interface may not be directly interfaced to a spur socket within the backbone as you have suggested. Instead, the unpowered SeaTalk bus which is interfacing all of the devices having a SeaTalk communications interface(including the autopilot control head and autopilot course computer) to one another will be branched and connected to the yellow SeaTalk socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalk Converter. Communications with the autopilot would be verified by checking whether the "Heading" data item is populated (i.e. not dashes) when the MFD has been configured to display this data item. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Thanks a lot. It's working now
You're welcome.
Reference URL's