Raymarine forum

Full Version: DS600X change out to es MFD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I get and adapter to use my Airmar traducer currently installed to use the sonar on my es MFD with built in sonar? I understand I will not be able to use the chirp, until I pull the boat and change my trhough hull.
Dave
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dave,

Transducers designed for use with the DS600x may simply be unplugged from the transducer socket of the DS600x and then plugged into the transducer socket of an eSx7 MFD. Transducers designed for use with the DS600x are not compatible with the eSx8 MFDs. Transducers designed for use with the DS600x may instead be interfaced (requires adapter A80344) to a CP370 ClearPulse 50/200 kHz Fishfinder Sounder Module, which in turn may be interface via Ethernet to any model of a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.
I understand now, Thanks, I have an es78 and can not use it and bought a cp470, so I need the new transducer
Thank You
Dave,

You are correct. The DS600X transducer can neither be mated to a eSx8 MFD nor to a CP470. Should you not be installing a eSx7 or a CP370, then it will be necessary to installed a transducer which is designed for use with the CP470.
Chuck,
Thanks for your help! I have gotten the proper MFD to work with my transducer until I pull my boat and replace transducers and use my 470 module. I can see the display and the speed but can not get the water temp. I have looked through the light house manual and can not figure it out. I selected my transducer from the list.
I am also planning to have 2 MFDs, the 7" and 9", reading through the posts it appears I need a backbone and 2 spurs for them to talk. I have a wifi RADAR and would like to use either one for chart/sonar/RADAR, and will select the 9" as the master. I plan to install a 3rd MFD on my bridge and install my evolution autopilot as well when I build the backbone, but for now just want to have the 2 MFDs connected. I have the basic starter kit and 2 spurs cables.
Am I on the right track?
Dave
Dave,

Q1) I can see the display and the speed but can not get the water temp.
A1) Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2) I am also planning to have 2 MFDs, the 7" and 9", reading through the posts it appears I need a backbone and 2 spurs for them to talk. I have a wifi RADAR and would like to use either one for chart/sonar/RADAR, and will select the 9" as the master.
A2) The MFDs are not designed to communicate one another through a backbone. Instead, the MFDs are designed to communicate with one another via an Ethernet Network, much in the same manner that one would interface the MFDs to Fishfinder Sounder Modules, Digital / HD Digital / Super HD Radar Transducer, Sirius Satellite Weather / Radio Receivers, IP Cameras, Thermal Cameras, etc. Should the MFD's not have sufficient Ethernet Network sockets to support daisy chaining the MFDs and these other devices to one another, then these devices may be instead interfaced (via appropriate lengths of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable) to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch. To learn more about Ethernet networking of compatible Raymarine products, click here.
Chuck,
Once again
THANK YOU!
Dave
You're welcome.
Reference URL's