Raymarine forum

Full Version: Quantum - No Route/AIS Overlay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm no-longer able to overlay my active route/waypoints or AIS target information on my e125 radar display after upgrading my HD radome to a new Quantum model. Can someone point me in the right direction to restore that functionality.

Thanks!
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Synergy,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. It is accordingly recommended that you verify that the MFD is receiving a GPS position FIX and also configure the MFD to display the Heading data item (not to be confused with COG) within a Databox. Is the heading data item populated? If not, then please specify what, if any source (make/model) of heading data has been interfaced to your system, and additionally specify how it has been interfaced to your system (ex. via NMEA 0183, SeaTalk, SeaTalkng, etc.).
Chuck - Thanks for the follow up. I have a dual e125 helm setup with precision pilot autopilot capability. Autopilot functionality works fine as does course and waypoint overlay on the chart. I'm assuming that the autopilot requires heading data so am unsure why the radar overlay of course and waypoints would not be functioning.

Thanks!
Synergy,

While an autopilot requires heading data to perform its functions, it may not necessarily pass the heading data back to a MFD. Per the prior response, it is recommended that you verify that the MFD is receiving a GPS position FIX and Heading data. To do so, configure the MFD to display both Databox 1 and Databox 2 within the Radar application and then configure these Databoxes to display the Heading (not to be confused with COG) and Vessel Position data items within these Databoxes. Are these data items populated? If not, then please specify what, if any source (make/model) of heading data has been interfaced to your system, and additionally specify how it has been interfaced to your system (ex. via NMEA 0183, SeaTalk, SeaTalkng, etc.). Should these be populated then it will be necessary to command the MFD to GoTo a Waypoint/Cursor Position or Follow Route to display the course line. To display waypoints not being actively navigated to, the Radar application's MENU->PRESENTATION->SELECT WAYPOINTS TO DISPLAY command sequence may be used to identify waypoints to be displayed ... again, this feature requires that the system be supplied with heading and GPS data.
Reference URL's