Raymarine forum

Full Version: Abrupt change in course
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Once I set the autopilot (ST60) to a course, all is fine is I don't move from the wheel. If I physically move to the port side near where the instrument is mounted, the boat will abruptly change course to the port.

What could cause this?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jasrclark,

Please note that Raymarine has produced no autopilots having the "ST60" name. Please additionally note that modular autopilots consist of an autopilot control head (ex. ST6001, ST70, p70, etc.), autopilot course computer (ex. S2G, X10, ACU200, etc.), a heading sensing device (ex. M81190 Fluxgate, EV-1 Sensor Core, etc.), a rudder reference transducer, and an actuator (ex. linear drive, Type 1 Hydraulic Pump, wheel drive, etc.). Please indicate the model of autopilot course computer which has been installed onboard the vessel.
The device is an ST5000 sailpilot plus with a hydrolic drive unit. I'm not sure about the fluxgate part number. It is connected to a C80 chartplotter. The whole Raymarine system was installed around the year 2000 on a Catalina 380 sailboat.

Thanks,
Jim Clark
Jim,

It is recommended that the autopilots rudder reference transducer (if fitted) and fluxgate compass be tested per procedures found within the following FAQs:

- Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to test a fluxgate compass.
- Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to test a rudder reference transducer.
I'll try to check them this weekend.

Jim Clark
Noted.
Reference URL's