Raymarine forum

Full Version: Choosing transducer for eS98
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Putting an eS98 in my new to me 2000 Amberjack 290 with twin sterndrives. Understand I'll need to go with through hulls for best performance. Regarding Chirp/downvision, do I need both type of transducers or does one downvision transducer cover my needs? Assuming the CPT-110 would do the job.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cdre,

As you have suggested, the CPT-110 is designed to support both CHIRP (conical) sonar imaging and DownVision sonar imaging in conjunctions with any of the following:
- an ax8 MFD
- an eSx8 MFD
- any model of a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD which has been interfaced to a CP100 CHIRP/DownVision sounder module.
Thanks Chuck. Any thoughts on possible interference with my RayData transducer?
cdre,

Instrument depth transducer transmit at 200kHz. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the CHIRP frequency range. As the frequency range of the CHIRP/DownVision transducers does not include the 200kHz frequency, it is unlikely that a CHIRP/DownVision transducer would cause interference with the Raydata's transducer and vice versa.
Thanks Chuck!
You're welcome.
Reference URL's