Raymarine forum

Full Version: Replacing 22 year old Autohelm ST50s
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of my trusty Autohelm ST 50s (the tridata I think) is shorting out and tripping the breaker that the instruments share with my newly installed e-97 chart plotter (hybrid touch). I have isolated the instruments in the circuit and eliminated the breaker tripping. Now I think that I am faced with replacing the instruments I installed 22 years ago.
I am planning on installing an I50 tridata and an I60 wind instrument (I need two instruments in that rectangular proportion to fit my helm station).

Questions:

1. Should I pull all new wire or just replace the ends on the wire that is in place with the new plugs.

2. Will the new depth/temp transducer and the new speed transducer fit in my existing holes/threaded sockets in the hull or do I need to haul the boat and change the thru-hulls?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bryan,

Q1. Should I pull all new wire or just replace the ends on the wire that is in place with the new plugs.
A1. While the i50/i60 instruments have been designed to be installed as replacements for ST50+ instruments, they have not been designed/tested to replace ST50 instruments. Accordingly, it is recommended that new power and communications wiring be installed to support the new instruments.

Q2. Will the new depth/temp transducer and the new speed transducer fit in my existing holes/threaded sockets in the hull or do I need to haul the boat and change the thru-hulls?
A2. The currently offered P800/P17 and B17 housing based depth and ST800 housing based speed/temp transducers continue to require the standard 2" [censored] commonly used by transducers which had be offered for use with the ST50 depth and speed/temp transducers.
Your expertise is appreciated. This helps emencely.
You're welcome.
Reference URL's