Raymarine forum

Full Version: ST60 with SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My a series MFD manual says that the ST60+ is compatible with your SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter. Is the ST60 also compatible?

Thanks,
Chris
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chris,

Yes, ST60 instruments are compatible with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to interface products having a SeaTalk communications interface such as your ST60 instruments to a SeaTalkng backbone.
Hi,
I am new to the forum so hope I am going about this correctly. I have a pretty outdated raymarine setup: Rl70C chartplotter, St 60 instruments and ST6002 autopilot. The Raystar 120 GPS has now failed and I am trying to install a RS 130 GPS using the seatalk to seatalk ng converter. I am linking the new GPS to the white socket, the old seatalk signal to the yellow socket and the power cable to the other white socket. I think the blue sockets are supposed to be stoppered with the seatalk terminators. Please comment on the setup proposal.

Thank You,
John.
John,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the Raystar 130 GPS Sensor would be interface to a system such as yours. Based on what you have specified, it appears that you have a correct understanding of how to interface the Raystar 130 GPS Sensor to your system. Also, please be certain to ensure that the red lead of the SeaTalk Cable which to the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk port has been disconnected from the SeaTalk port's red terminal. The disconnected lead should then be insulated to prevent shorting.
Reference URL's