Raymarine forum

Full Version: MFD control of Rockford-Fosgate PMX-5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I purchased an ES78 MFD this summer and had it installed. I was thrilled to learn from Raymarine news posts that the unit could control the Rockford-Fosgate PMX-5 stereo, so I rushed out and purchased one and had it installed.
Now I can't figure out how to connect the two units together.
I have read the stereo's manual and the MFD manual. I have searched the Rockford-Fosgate website and the Raymarine website. I have also searched Google numerous times. This information does not seem to exist.

How do I connect the two units together so they can talk to each other?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Chuck - I followed your instructions on connecting the RF PMX-5 CAN and the e97 RM MFD unit I have. Now how do I get the PMX 5 to show up on the MFD? I can see that its connected under Maintenance/Add Device, but not sure what to do next.

Do I need a separate sMD card?
Mark,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. In this case Rockford-Fosgate PMX-5 CAN is controlled via the MFD's Audio app. The features and instructions for use of the MFD's Audio app may be found found within Chapter 22: Audio application of the LightHouse II Release 17 Operation Instructions.
Reference URL's