Raymarine forum

Full Version: P70
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I would like to replace my older control head st6002 with the p70. The st6002 Control head is on a pod mounted on the pedestal guard so I am trying to avoid running new cabling up the guard.

Can I connect the p70 using part number A06047 and plugging the seatalk 1 end into a D244 connector along with the seatalk 1 cable that is already run up the pedestal guard to my st6002?

Auto pilot is the SPX30 interfaced to a C80 MFD.
thanks for you help
bill
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum bfiegener,

Q: Can I connect the p70 using part number A06047 and plugging the seatalk 1 end into a D244 connector along with the seatalk 1 cable that is already run up the pedestal guard to my st6002?

A: As the p70, p70R, p70S, and p70RS Evolution Autopilot Control Heads are designed to support either SeaTalk or SeaTalkng communications (but not both simultaneously), it is indeed possible to use the A06047 SeaTalk Adapter Cable to interface any one of these Evolution Autopilot Control Heads to your SeaTalk bus in the manner which you have suggested.
thanks for the info.

I have the new P70 and Im going to swap it out with the ST6002. Will I need to re calibrate the autopilot? Are there any set up functions I need to do?

thanks again
bill
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

An autopilot's calibration data is stored within the autopilot's course computer, or, in the case of Evolution autopilots, within the EV-1 Sensor Core. Display preferences (ex. units, data pages displayed, etc.) are configuration settings saved within the autopilot control head. You may find details concerning how to configure your autopilot control head's configuration settings within the p70/p70R Installation and Operation Guide.
Reference URL's