Raymarine forum

Full Version: e80 Replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an E80 that I cannot seem to get to use the new navionics 16 gb cf card. I am thinking of upgrading but need to find one that will use the existing transducer. Do you have an suggestions?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum vasearay,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the Navionics chart card issue compatibility issue which you have specified. If seeking to replace the MFD, then please specify whether the currently installed transducer is interface to a DSM30 or DSM300 Fishfinder Sounder Module and whether the DSM30 or DSM300 is operational.
thank you. The boat is not near me so it will be hard to find out for a couple of weeks. I tried to update the software using a 256g cf card. I downloaded the latest software and followed the directions. The MFD did not see the card. I am not sure if there is an issue with the unit or need to try a different card.
vasearay

While we may be straying from the original topic of this thread, please click here to view a FAQ addressing problems associated with updating the MFD's software.
It does not appear to have a DSM. There is no fish finder data and I cannot find a DSM anywhere. Also I have done the 5.69 update. it will not boot with the cf card in it and the Depth appears in some places but not others.
vasearay,

Should the MFD not boot up with the new chart card in its CF memory card reader, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should the MFD's reader be operational and its software have been updated to v5.69, then the content of the Navionics chart card should be reduced (Navionics+ chart cards only) or Navionics should be contacted accordingly.
I will check with Navionics. If I need to replace it and do not have a DSM, as I could not find one, what units can I upgrade to.
vasearay,

The reason for asking you whether the MFD was interfaced to a DSM was to determine whether the currently installed transducer (or DSM for that matter) may be interfaced to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series or Axiom MFD to supply the MFD with depth information to populate the Depth data item and to support the MFD's Fishfinder application. Should a DSM be interfaced to the E80, then the DSM may be interfaced to any a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD or Axiom MFD. Alternatively transducers designed for use with a DSM may be adapted to be directly mated with an ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFD or Axiom MFD.
Thank you. I do not have the fish finder icon on the display, or data when I access the screen and cannot find a DSM close to the the unit so assume there is none. Is there any label on the transducer that would help identify it. It appears to be able to be replaced at the head as there is a connector about 3 feet from the transducer to the extension cable.
Thanks
vasearay,

Q: Is there any label on the transducer that would help identify it.

A: Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Reference URL's