Raymarine forum

Full Version: Downvision Transducers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to put a package together for a sailboat. I am interested in the A68 E70207 Depth gauge, fish finder. Is there a transducer that is available for this instrument that is 2" in diameter that is compatible? I already have a 2" [censored] in my boat for the current depth gauge and uses the Downvision technology?

I see I can get a CPT-S E70340 transducer that is 2" in diameter, although this is Chirp Sonar not Downvision. I believe the Downvision is the format that shows very clear structures on the bottom.

Thanks
Dave, sv Aloisius
dshaw@sgu.edu
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Landon,

The CPT-S transducers are indeed designed to be installed through a 2" [censored] within the hull. However, the CPT-S Transducers are not designed to support the DownVision fishfinder sonar imagery of the ax8 MFDs, eSx8 MFDs, and CP100 CHIRP/DownVision Sounder Module. The CPT-S Transducers are designed to support the CHIRP (conical) fishfinder sonar imagery of the ax8 MFDs, eSx8 MFDs, and CP100 CHIRP/DownVision Sounder Module. While DownVision sonar is designed provide the greater bottom and structure detail, CHIRP (conical) sonar would be the choice for locating organics (fish, etc.) within the water column.
I'm confused now, I am looking at a new thru hull, #e70341 from raymarine for the a98 and I think it will work, are you saying I wont have down vision?? What will it look like??
I fish lake erie in depths of 60-120', I loose bottom at 15mph..now with the cpt-100
Reel Overtime,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing why you may be loosing bottom and how you may be able to correct the problem. The ax8 MFDs, eSx8 MFDs, and CP100 CHIRP (conical) sonar / DownVision Sonar each feature both CHIRP (conical) fishfinder sonar processing circuitry and DownVision fishfinder sonar processing circuitry. The CPT-S transducers are exclusively designed to support CHIRP (conical) fishfinder sonar imaging within the above listed products. Should one desire DownVision fishfinder sonar imaging, then a compatible CHIRP/DownVision fishfinder transducer would need to be installed. The image below shows the imaging produced by both CHIRP (conical) fishfinder sonar (upper FF pane) and DownVision Fishfinder sonar (lower FF pane). Please see my prior response addressing the advantage of each of these features.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=724]
Thank you for your reply, I am still wondering if the raymarine (new) transducer #e70341 will match my unit, am I to understand from you that no they are different?? the new will not have down scan..
Reel Overtime,

As indicated within my initial response to you, the CPT-S transducers are indeed compatible with the ax8 MFDs (ex. a98), eSx8 MFDs, and CP100 CHIRP/DownVision Sounder Module, but will only support CHIRP (conical) fishfinder sonar imaging in conjunction with these products. The CPT-S transducers will not support DownVision fishfinder sonar imaging in conjunction with these products. Please see my prior response showing each type of imaging and the screen snaphot showing each type of imaging. Should you desire a thru-hull transducer supporting by CHIRP (conical) and DownVision fishfinder sonar imaging, then a CPT-110 or CPT-120 will need to be installed.
Thank you for your help, This boat will be trailer-ed and that is why I wanted to go to the flush mounted, I will look into the ones you suggested, Thanks again,
Rick
You're welcome.
Reference URL's