Raymarine forum

Full Version: AIS650 connection to SeaTalkng converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Petersailor

Hi,
I shall install a AIS650 and I have a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter in my system close to where there AIS will be installed, see attached picture what connections are unoccupied on this converter.

From my MFD e7 I have a spur cable connected to the spur port of a SeaTalkng T-piece. I have removed one of the blue SeaTalkng Termination plugs from the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and connected this plug to one of the end blue backbone ports of the SeaTalkng T-piece, and
connected a SeaTalkng Backbone Cable from the unoccupied blue SeaTalkng backbone port of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter to the unoccupied blue backbone port of the SeaTalkng T-Piece.

Can I connect a SeaTalkng spur cable from the AIS650 direct into the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter on one of the unoccupied white ports?
Or do I have to install another SeaTalkng T-piece?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Peter,

Q1. Can I connect a SeaTalkng spur cable from the AIS650 direct into the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter on one of the unoccupied white ports?
A1. It is indeed possible to interface the AIS650 to the system in the manner which you have specified.

Petersailor

Thanks.
You're welcome.
Reference URL's