Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Barometer Choice and Interface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to get a digital barometer info on my MFD.

In summer of 16 I had installed a i70 and a97.

What is a good barometer that I can interface to either of my MFDs.
I would like it to at least be able to trend atmospheric pressure so I can see if it is rising or falling. Other functionality would be OK too.

My next question is which of my two displays can I get the readout on?

Are there other good options for getting weather related info?

Thanks for your help.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ColtsNeckNJ,

The a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, Axiom MFDs, and i70/i70S MFIDs are designed to support displaying atmospheric pressure from NMEA 2000 data sources. The c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, a9x MFDs, and a12X MFDs are additionally designed to support displaying atmospheric pressure from NMEA 0183 data sources. While Raymarine does not offer any products which are designed to sense atmospheric pressure, there are several third party manufacturers (ex. Airmar, Maretron, Yacht Designs, NKE Marine Electronics, etc.) offering such sensors. One of the most commonly installed products used to provide weather data to Raymarine systems are Airmar's Weather Stations.
FWIW, I've got a Yacht Devices YDBC-05 installed and it works great with my eS series MFDs. One nice thing about it is that it can be ordered in configurations that interface directly to a STNG spur or backbone connector (in place of a terminator) without the need for any additional cables.

Unfortunately, Lighthouse 2 doesn't have a data trend graph object for barometric data but I'm hoping that Ray will offer that in the upcoming LH3 release.
Noted.
So, even if I used a barometric pressure device connected to my MDFs the MFDs will not accumulate the data to show trend over time....is that correct?

If I installed something like the Airmar under what icon would the data be displayed on my a97? Would I need to program one or does it automatically put up a new one?

Similarly, for the i70 is there a screen for it? I don't see one on the Raymarine product page. Can a user program a specific screen?

I cannot find any information related to above questions in the documentation for either MFD.
ColtsNeckNJ,

Q1. So, even if I used a barometric pressure device connected to my MDFs the MFDs will not accumulate the data to show trend over time....is that correct?
A1. Correct. The MFD will only report the currently sensed barometric pressure.

Q2. If I installed something like the Airmar under what icon would the data be displayed on my a97? Would I need to program one or does it automatically put up a new one?
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. In this case, the Pressure data item may be found within the Environment data group.

Q3. Similarly, for the i70 is there a screen for it? I don't see one on the Raymarine product page. Can a user program a specific screen?
A3. Unlike the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, the i70/i70S MFIDs not only have the ability to display current barometric pressure, but to also display a historical graph of barometric pressure. As with the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, the barometric pressure data items are contained within the Environment data group. Detailed procedures for customization of an i70/i70S MFID's Favorite Page may be found within Chapter 8 Favorite Pages of the i70 Instrument Installation and Operation Instructions. A complete list of data items which may be displayed and the respective data groups which they may be located within may be found within section 9.1 Data items of the i70 Instrument Installation and Operation Instructions.
Do you know if a pressure offset can be entered to adjust for altitude above sea level?

Thanks!
Dan
Dan,

Q. Can a pressure offset can be entered to adjust for altitude above sea level?
A. Negative
Reference URL's