Raymarine forum

Full Version: Axium transducer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Will the all in one Axiom transducers do 600w 50/200hz also? The adds reference the MFD's doing all 4 but the details on the transducers only list the 3 chirp ones. If not then how do you get all 4? 2 transducers same MFD?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum qbayle,

The RealVision 3Dâ„¢ transducers are designed to support conical sonar, DownVision, SideVision, and RealVision 3Dâ„¢ sonar imaging. The conical sonar is produced from a CHIRP (conical) sonar element within the transducer. The imaging from CHIRP (conical) sonar is most similar to that of traditional 50/200 kHz sonar. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing frequencies used in the RealVision 3Dâ„¢ transducers. AXIOM DV and AXIOM RV MFDs may be simultaneously interfaced to compatible 50/200 kHz transducers as well DownVision and RealVision 3Dâ„¢ transducers respectively to add 600W 50/200 kHz fishfinding capabilities to the system.
For reference I currently have a A98 and C97 units with the a98 dv transducer unplugged as the p58 50/200 on the c97 works better for my shallow applications in the great lakes, one of my goals is to get one of the new M100 Flir units for safer traveling at night.

Couple more questions.

1.the chirp conical sonar cone angle is terribly small and the 200khz suits my needs much better with a wider angle and way better tracking and marking targets at speed so I need to understand how to get 50/200 to an axiom display. I see a Y cable listed, can I just use that for the 3d and p58 transducers?

2. when lighthouse 3 comes out for my a98 and c97 units will the a98/c97 when paired with a m100 be able to do the "clear cruise" or will that only work on the axioms?
qbayle,

Q1.the chirp conical sonar cone angle is terribly small and the 200khz suits my needs much better with a wider angle and way better tracking and marking targets at speed so I need to understand how to get 50/200 to an axiom display. I see a Y cable listed, can I just use that for the 3d and p58 transducers?
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. If seeking to use both a RealVision 3Dâ„¢ transducer and the P58 transducer with an AXIOM RV MFD, then the A80491 Axiom RV to 25-pin RV & 7-pin Embedded Transducers Y-Cable would be used.

Q2. when lighthouse 3 comes out for my a98 and c97 units will the a98/c97 when paired with a m100 be able to do the "clear cruise" or will that only work on the axioms?
A2. It is currently expected that the Clear Cruise feature will be supported within the initial release of LightHouse 3 software for the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. Those seeking more information about FLIR's M100 may click here to view more information about this marine thermal camera.
Thanks!!
You're welcome.
Simple question, can anyone direct me to an image/specs for installation of the Axiom 3D transducer? I searched but cannot locate an image of the 3D transducer. I am interested in the transducer footprint. I have limited space. Thanks.
bwconquest21,

The installation guide for the RV-100 Transducer may be found here. This guide also contains dimensional data for the transducer. Raymarine has not yet released installation documentation for the thru-hull RV transducers, but will do so when testing is closer to completion.
I'll be mounting the RV-100 transducer next to a P66.
Space is a bit tight trying to keep both transducers near the keel, in between the outboards. Is there a recommended distance that I should maintain from the P66 to the Rv-100?
Firewood,

Raymarine has not officially tested the RealVision Transducer alongside other transom mounted transducers and has correspondingly not specified a minimum distance to separate the these transducers from other transom mounted transducers. As such, it would be advised that the transducers be separated as far apart as is permissible.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's