Raymarine forum

Full Version: Custom Logo or Picture?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to upload a custom logo or picture to the ES128? I would love to upload my Boat Name to the MFD.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum msbrett,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
I looked at the referenced FAQ. It states that the instructions pertain to a, c, e, and gS Series MFDs. Will it work on the eS series as well?
Thanks
Sweet! Thanks Chuck!
Mustang,

Q. I looked at the referenced FAQ. It states that the instructions pertain to a, c, e, and gS Series MFDs. Will it work on the eS series as well?
A. Yes. For eS-Series MFDs, the files will be named similarly: OEM_eS95_splash.png and OEM_eS125_splash.png
Excellant! Thanks, Chuck
I followed the directions in the FAQ to the letter but was unsuccessful in changing the splash screen on my eS78. After inserting the micro SD and powering on, the MFD starts as usual. It never does prompt to remove the card. The card has been reformatted (FAT32) and files copied on it again with still no luck. What am I doing wrong?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Shesby,

Should you examine the file size of the splash screen file shown within your screen snapshot of the microSD memory card's contents, you will find that it is 1.15MB rather than 688kB (840 x 480) which is specified for a/e/eS-Series MFDs having 7" screens. Your splash screen file should be re-sized accordingly.
Hmm, thought I had resized it. Will check again and update. Thanks, Chuck.
Ahh, found the problem. Although I had changed the size to 840 x 480, I did not notice that it was a 24 bit photo. I changed it to 8 bits and now the overall size is only 184 KB. Interestingly, the resolution changed from 72dpi on the larger file to 96dpi on the smaller.
Thanks for including the file size requirement in your reply. That is what tipped me off to the solution. Will try it out this weekend.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's