Raymarine forum

Full Version: Adding an A78
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently have a A78 with CP100 and 18HD radar.

I would like to add an additional A78 display.

Can I create a network and view the data from the transducer and radar on either display?

What parts are required to do this?
Hello and welcome to the forum!

All you will need to share that specific data on two displays is a network switch, a Raynet cable, and the new a78. If you are currently using a network switch, you will not be required to add another one.

Once you have the new a78 in the network with your a78/radar/cp100, you will be prompted to select a "Data Master." The "Data Master" will be the a78 of your choice. Users generally select the most frequently used display. Once you have a "Data Master" selected, that information should be able to be viewed on either display.

- Dave
Dave, Thanks for your help.

Forgive my ignorance, I have no experience with networking. Can you please provide me with a part number for the switch & cable?
Not a problem, we are here to help!

Considering you are currently using a radar and CP100 with your display, you probably already have a network switch on board. The a78 only has one network port, so a network switch is required to have multiple devices connected to it. However, you will certainly need a Raynet cable to connect the other a78 and the part number for a 1 meter cable is A62361. Lastly, if for some reason you do not have a network switch, the part number for the HS5 is A80007.

- Dave
Reference URL's