Raymarine forum

Full Version: Yamaha Digital to Analog to ES128
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello-
I have Digital Command Link Plus digital controls on my boat with the ES128. With my old set up I had to have the Digital to Analog adapter from Yamaha: 6Y9-8A2D0-30-00 to support my TR1 Gladiator.

http://yamahaoutboards.com/Marine_Riggin.../z#noFlash

Since that is not being used anymore I was curious if I could use this adapter to connect to my ES128 and receive RPM data to my ES128?

Any thoughts on this approach?
Thanks,
Brett
Brett,

I would recommend contacting Yamaha concerning the compatibility of the subject adapter for use with your engines whether it would support supplying engine data (RPMs, etc.) to a NMEA 2000 backbone. If so, then it may be interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone to which the MFD as also been interfaced as a spur. For such Yamaha engine systems, it is recommended that Raymarine's ECI100 Engine Gateway be used to interface the engine system the SeaTalkng backbone. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Reference URL's