Raymarine forum

Full Version: EV-150 - Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I received my EV-150 this week and installed it today. I called tech support before I installed to make sure that I had all the necessary cables and connectors. When I talked with the technician they said that the EV-150 would provide power to the Satalk network. So I was like - great - I have all the necessary cables. When I got to my boat- I installed and found out that the EV-150 does NOT power the network. The EV-200 has a switch and the EV-100 doesn't. So the EV-150 is like the EV-100. I jumped power from the Power to the EV-150 to the Seatalk cable connector since I didn't have the necessary cables and it worked. So until I order the necessary cables - I got it to work.

Thought I would share my situation for others. The EV-150 is not in any documentation.
Thanks,
Brett
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brett,

We're sorry to learn that you were unable to locate the Evolution EV-1 and ACU Installation Instructions. The latest version of the Evolution EV-1 and ACU Installation Instructions has been posted with the Evolution Autopilot documents (Support->Manuals and Documents), includes content covering the EV-150 (ACU-150), and may be found here. This document identifies how the SeaTalkng backbone will be powered (see Section 3.6, and the note on page 32) and lists the items packaged with the EV-1 Sensor Core and ACU-150. The package of the Evolution EV-150 additionally includes a R70160 Evolution Cable Kit which includes a SeaTalkng Power Cable (red w/black stripe and white SeaTalkng spur plug) to supply power to the SeaTalkng backbone.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing installing power circuits for marine electronics.
Thanks Chuck-

The manuals I received with my equipment did not reference the EV-150 - ACU-150. AND - the Tech on the phone sid that the EV-150 and the EV-200 were identical except that the EV-150 only was compatible with 12v. And that it supplied 12v to the Network - which is not correct. The cabling kit doesn't assume that you will be hooking it up to a MFD - so I need to purchase a Blue network extension cable.
You're welcome. The ACU-150 is based upon the ACU-100, not the ACU-200 as you may have been informed. As you have suggested, the SeaTalkng networking components provided within the R70160 Evolution Cable Kit contains the networking components to support interfacing the EV-150 autopilot components to one another and to power the SeaTalkng backbone. Should additional devices having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface need to be interfaced to the backbone, then the backbone will need to be extended to create sufficient additional SeaTalkng spur sockets to accommodate the additional devices. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Reference URL's