Raymarine forum

Full Version: E80 System Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
wavedweller,

There is no harm associated with interfacing more than one MFD to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, as only the Data Master MFD will interact with the backbone. Some, including myself, will choose to interface more than one MFD to the backbone to provide a level of redundancy within the system.
Thanks again Chuck!

I like your redundancy comment so I'll connect it.
You're welcome.
Hi Chuck

I've planned out the connections and cabling for my upgrade to Axiom on my 40' Albin trawler. All the equipment has been ordered, i only need to finalize the cabling order.

I've attached a drawing of my connection/cabling plan along with a list of all components that are numbered on the plan.

I'm lost on how to connect the HS5 to the SeaTalkng Backbone (number 38 on my drawing). I don't find a cable on your website that works. I also don't know how to power the HS5 without a conflict from the powered SeaTalkng Backbone, yet the HS5 instructions warn to not power the HS5 from the SeaTalkng Backbone. Your expert guidance is need here.

I would REALLY appreciate your review of my plan for errors that I'm sure are there. You've been a huge help all along!
wavedweller,

Q: I'm lost on how to connect the HS5 to the SeaTalkng Backbone (number 38 on my drawing). I don't find a cable on your website that works. I also don't know how to power the HS5 without a conflict from the powered SeaTalkng Backbone, yet the HS5 instructions warn to not power the HS5 from the SeaTalkng Backbone. Your expert guidance is need here.
A2: Your diagram looks good with the exception of the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. The switch is not to be connected to the SeaTalkng backbone. It need only be connected to a 12 or 24VDC switched power circuit and to the Ethernet network sockets of the devices which you have shown within your diagram.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing recommendations for marine electronics power circuits.
Thank you Chuck! I couldn't have done any of this without your help!
You're welcome.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's